The 2023/2024 SCORE Program has started!
Created by Belson Steel in 1995, the SCORE program has proven to be an excellent example of the type of program that allows schools and businesses to work together for the common good of the community. Last year, the 30 area schools participating in the program collected and recycled over 1,755,000 aluminum cans. That is the equivalent of over 73,100 cases of soda!
1. Any non-profit group composed of elementary, middle or high school-aged children can participate. This could be a school, a pep club, band, church youth group, Boy Scout troop, Brownies, etc.
2. To enter, each school or organization must fill out a registration form (see above) and return it to Belson Steel BEFORE any points are scored.
3. Participants collect aluminum cans and/or encourage others to do so. (No commercial collectors please.)
4. Bring the collected aluminum cans to Belson for recycling. Belson will pay cash for the cans, and your school or organization will score one point for each pound of cans.
5. The staff at Belson will keep track of the scores. At the end of the program, every participating school or organization will receive two cents for every point scored (minimum $25.00). The school with the top scores will win additional cash and prizes.
|School Name||Current Rank||Total Weight (lbs)||No. Cans Recycled|
|Bourbonnais Upper Grade Science Club||1||373||12,749|
|Manteno School District||2||324||11,074|
|St. Paul's Lutheran School||3||204||6,973|
|Noel LeVasseur Elementary School||4||147||5,024|
|John L. Nash Middle School||5||145||4,956|
|St. Anne Grade School||6||144||4,922|
|Bradley-Bourbonnais Comm HS||7||104||3,555|
|Reed-Custer High School||8||100||3,418|
|Herscher High School SEA||9||98||3,350|
|Peotone Junior High School||10||83||2,837|
|St. George School||11||66||2,256|
|Grant Park Elementary School||12||55||1,880|
|Herscher Intermediate School||13||46||1,572|
|Herscher Music Boosters||14||39||1,333|
|Iroquois West Middle School||15||35||1,196|
|Momence JeNeir Elementary||16||34||1,162|
|LCC Montessori Magnet||17||25||855|
|Kankakee Area Career Center||18||22||752|
|Tri-Point Lower Elementary School||19||11||376|
|Herscher, Bonfield, Limestone School Dist||20||10||342|